One of Norway`s largest transportation companies wanted to establish a shared customer center for all customers. All customers were at that time handeled locally, by approximately 30 distribution centres. The key questions to be resolved were:
- What do our customers want from our customer service?
- What volume of enquiries can be expected?
- What can a call centre handle?
- How many people will we need and where to locate?
- What processes, technology, competence and governance structure is needed?
- How much will it cost and how long time will it take to implement?
- What are the benefits and risks for doing this?
Engaging all regions and distribution centres in time studies to uncover customer enquiries – volume, variation, quality, response rate. Build a target design and masterplan to be decided by top level management. Detailed design, change management and implementation of new concept, new organization, new processes and new technology.
- Increased Customer satisfaction
- Reduced costs